The time can vary from product to product. As all OGM headpieces are handcrafted, we would recommend two to four weeks before the event for you to order your headpiece, this allows sufficient time for your special piece.
At particularly busy times of the year, approaching large race day events, please get in contact with us at your earliest opportunity.
Don’t have two to four weeks? Please get in contact with us, we have many ready-to-wear headpieces that can be altered to meet your requirement. For bespoke pieces, we will endeavour to prioritise your order.
How to measure your ceann for a crown, hat for your head?
Most OGM headpieces are mounted onto an elastic headband or millinery hairband which are flexible in nature and fit most sizes.
For bespoke orders, some hats may require measurements. These are easy to take note of yourself if ordering online/via WebEx. Should you want a personal consultation, we will take the necessary measurements.
You will need a tailors tape (soft tape measure) & a note pad and pen. If you do not have a soft tape measure, you can use a piece of string.
Please leave your hair loose so an accurate measurement can be taken.
Run the measuring tape/string from mid forehead right around the largest part of your noggin, back to the front again. The tape should sit approximately 1/8″ above you ear, where you would normally feel a hat sit. The tape should not be too taught.
Please take your measurements (centimetres/ inches) at least three times. if there is a difference in your measurements, please take note of the largest as the sweatband sewn inside the hat tends to shrink and can tighten slightly to your head when wearing.
Please use the image below as reference.
OGM offers a couture millinery service. We will design and make you a bespoke hat, head piece, crown or fascinator to compliment your chosen outfit and is appropriate for the occasion.
A commission costs from 50EUR for a simple hairband up to 300EUR for a fully trimmed blocked hat.
If it’s a one of a kind bespoke design you are after, we will work directly with you to get a sense of your price range, style and timeframe. Generally it takes between 2-6 weeks depending on complexity of design and naturally, the time of year.
4 simple steps
- Get in touch with us. Make a no obligation WebEx appointment to discuss your requirements. If you have chosen your outfit at this point, please have this in reach (or possibly try on) and we can discuss what might suit your face shape, hair and compliment your outfit. We will discuss colours , embellishments, fastening options, timeframe and cost.
- If you choose to proceed, a 25% deposit will be taken. An invoice will be sent to you electronically.
- We arrange an in person meeting, if the head piece warrants the same (required fitting), or if you would like to. Alternatively, we can have another WebEx meeting. At this point, the headpiece will be “finished”, alterations can be made at this stage and different trims will be discussed further.
- Collection; If you are collecting your piece, the remainder of the commission price can be paid at the time. Delivery; the final invoice will be issued, once the payment is made the item will be dispatched and a tracking reference provided. A postage fee will be incurred which will be discussed in advance.
Note; If you have browsed the designs from my ready-to-wear collections and would like something similar, these can be made in different colours or using your own fabrics, please contact me to enquire.
How do I look after my hat?
As OGM headpieces are handcrafted, they need to be stored appropriately and be treated with care.
- When not using, always store in a hat box with acid free tissue paper. Some pieces will need additional paper to support embellishments & veiling’s/avoid colour transfers.
- The piece should be stored in a dry place and keep it out of the sun for prolonged periods to avoid fading.
- Please avoid overcrowding your hat box and never place with the trimmings facing down as these could be become misshaped.
- Always handle with care an never pick up by the trimmings, be gentle.
- Avoid rain, moisture as these can ruin it’s shape and colour, if it does get wet, let it dry naturally. Keep the umbrella handy.
- You can gently dust the piece using a light clothes brush or lightly run a lint remover over the felt (avoid any feathers).
Who can I contact for questions or media inquiries?
- For questions regarding hats, please email or use the contact us page.
- For media inquiries, please email, please email or use the contact us page.
- Kindly allow up to 24 hours for a reply.
How do I wear my headpiece.
- Depending on the headpiece, Try not to handle a hat by the crown, avoid potentially misshaping it; always try to pick up a hat by the edge of the brim with clean, dry hands. Do not pick up using the trimmings.
- Once on the head put into position by holding the crown rather than adjusting by the brim.
- Try different positions until you feel comfortable including straight and slightly slanted to one side.
- The pieces fixed to a headband are self explanatory but those on an elastic, namely the small buttons, berets are typically worn sitting forward on the head, just above the brow, slightly tilting.
What is your alteration policy?
- Alterations on new purchases within seven (7) days of purchase will be complimentary
What methods of payment do you accept?
- OGM accepts Pay Pal, Mastercard, Visa, Revolut and cash payments.
Refunds & Returns Policy
- As all headwear is custom made to order we cannot offer refunds or returns. Please inspect your items upon receipt. On the rare occasion a customer is dissatisfied, please contact us within 48 hours of receipt and we will work with you to make amendments until you are happy.
- Please ensure that the goods are returned in the same condition in which you received them, the item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- Please note that you are responsible for the return, and so we strongly recommend that you use a trackable delivery service.